The following article is outdated. You can view the updated guide here.
- You might need to expand the Data section from the left navigation pane to see the Message button.
- DiskAid will offer to refresh the message view – to do so click Refresh a the top of the DiskAid window.
- All messages will appear, organized by thread. The left column in the browser shows the contact name or the phone number related to the thread, and the right column shows the message thread.
Select threads or entry
- Click All Messages (at the top of the first column), and click “Copy to computer” to copy all text messages to your computer.
- To copy a complete “thread” (or conversation), simply select the sender’s name or number in the first column.
- In order to find and copy a single message, it is possible to apply a filter by selecting it’s sender in the first column and select the desired single item from the right column.
- Also, you can switch the order of the messages as described in the forum topic, "View iPhone messages in the reverse order"
Proceed to copy
- Click the Copy button or just drag items to the desired folder or location.
- Exported message(s) will be opened in a new Text Editor window – you can then save this text document on your desktop!
NOTES: Any item can be opened directly from the DiskAid interface. In this case, if the computer has already a designated program for the file type the item is saved under, it will be read accordingly – otherwise a message will appear asking with which program should this file be associated to.
Opening a file this way will not save it, though: it must then in case be saved on the computer in order to permanently be accessible when the device is not connected.