The following article is outdated. You can view the updated guide here.
- You might need to expand the Data section from the left navigation pane to see the Contacts button.
- DiskAid will offer to refresh the contacts view – to do so click Refresh a the top of the DiskAid window.
- All Contacts will appear as a list in the middle of the DiskAid window and details of the selected Contact can be seen and copied directly from this view.
- The list can be sorted alphabetically: ascending (default) or descending.
- To jump directly to a letter simply click any Contact in this middle column to select it and hit the letter on the keyboard.
Export vCard file
- Contacts are exported to the computer in a single vCard (a standard file format for exchanging electronic personal details, the file’s extension is .vcf)
- A single file can contain multiple entries.
- vCard files can then be open and imported in any Contact management program such as Outlook or the Mac’s Address Book.
NOTE: Any item can be opened directly from the DiskAid interface. In this case, if the computer has already a designated program for the file type the item is saved under, it will be read accordingly – otherwise a message will appear asking with which program should this file be associated to.
Opening a file this way will not save it, though: it must then in case be saved on the computer in order to permanently be accessible when the device is not connected.