To validate your license code, iMazing needs to connect to its licensing server (api.imazing.com).
In some cases, connection to the activation server may fail, an error message such as "Your computer seems to be offline. Please check your Internet connection and try again." or "Error communicating with server.” may pop up.
If this is the case, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Internet connection
Make sure you have a robust internet connection.
2. Firewall / Antivirus
Especially on Windows, extra firewall or antivirus softwares may block iMazing's attempt to connect. Simply whitelist api.imazing.com.
Note that Windows has an excellent built-in firewall that, if regularly kept updated, is in the vast majority of cases enough to protect your computer.
iMazing’s latest version uses a new licensing server. If you are using a firewall, proxy or VPN, make sure to add api.imazing.com to the allowlist and let iMazing connect to its licensing server.
If you’re using iMazing on a computer connected to an enterprise network, you may have to ask your system administrator to allow api.imazing.com for the HTTPS/SSL port 443 and eventually configure your enterprise proxy in iMazing Preferences > Network.
If you’re using iMazing at home, you may need to add the above domain to the allowlist in your firewall or configure the proxy in iMazing. If you are using a security software to protect your internet connection, you must add iMazing to its allowlist so it can connect to api.imazing.com via HTTPS on port 443.
If you are using proxy, you need to configure it in iMazing Preferences > Network.
If you’re not sure whether or not you are currently using a proxy, follow instructions below to access your proxy configuration.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network.
- Select the network service you use in the list, for example Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Click Advanced, then click Proxies.
- Then check if one of the following options are checked:
- Auto Proxy Discovery
- Automatic Proxy Configuration
- Web Proxy (HTTP)
- Web Proxy (HTTPS)
- SOCKS Proxy
- If you see one of the above options checked, macOS is using a proxy and you need to configure it manually in the iMazing Preferences > Network section.
- Open Settings or the Configuration Panel.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Click Proxy.
- Check if a proxy is configured.
- If you see a proxy configured, you need to configure it manually in the iMazing Preferences > Network section.
If your license code starts with "id", you can temporarily roll back to a previous iMazing version if you need immediate access to iMazing.
- macOS: http://downloads.imazing.com/mac/iMazing/220.127.116.1147/iMazing_18.104.22.16847.dmg
- Windows: https://downloads.imazing.com/windows/iMazing/2.12.3/iMazing_2.12.3.exe
We’ll do our best to simplify this process in an upcoming iMazing update.